Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Opposites Attract

Adam and I are completely opposite in almost every single way. I don't really drink much, he drinks frequently. I'm a night person, he is a morning person. I read alot, he doesn't read anything. And this is particularly what this is about. I have been trying to convince him to read one of my books for so long, but he just won't. He doesn't understand it. I will sit on the couch and read a book while he watches tv and he thinks I must be bored reading.

About two weeks ago, one of his friends from work recommended the book DaVinci Code by Dan Brown. I have the illustrated version. I tried to tell him he would love it very much but he didn't believe me. Until someone else said it. Any way this morning Adam sits on the bed and looks at me and says "I like this whole reading thing."

I started laughing uncontrollably.

Wanna know why? His version of reading is having downloaded the audio version off the internet onto my mp3 player. He's not reading, he's listening.

Oh well, I guess he's still taking in the same information I did (without the pictures) only with the reader speaking in voices for each character (which may be more fun; or it could be weird).

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:30 PM

    Hahah a kid in my school is doing that for The Giver. Its like a 5 disc set of The Giver! Hahahahaha. Or the Outsiders. One of them, and this kid right, hes one of the 'gang boys' the cool, smoke pot, fuck society ones hahahahhaha! Ill see you after school, my daddy is dropping me off but I gotta work at 5 or so.......

    ReplyDelete