Friday, April 21, 2006

I'll Miss You

My mom just phoned earlier this evening to tell me that they finally found out what is wrong with their dog Lassie (jenny's mom). She has advanced stage leukemia and they will have to put her down tomorrow morning. We discussed it at length and decided it's not fair to her live in such pain. She doen't understand the pain she's in and it makes her scared.

I'm sorry I won't be able to go home to say goodbye to her, but that's selfish of me to expect them to allow her to suffer so I can say goodbye to another one of my dogs. My dog Levi died earlier this year of kidney failure ( he was 12 years old and our first pet ever) and I never got to say goodbye to him either. This is one of the reasons it's so hard to live so far away, when things go wrong it's too hard for me to get home in time to be there for my mom.
Goodbye Lassie. I will miss you very much. I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you. (Lassie is on the right, her daughter Jenny is in the pink collar)

No comments:

Post a Comment