Thursday, March 30, 2006

I feel the need to share

Lately I have been getting compliments alot about my wardrobe. While, thank you it's muchly appreciated, I also find it a bit funny. While I do have a very large selection to chose from, it's deceiving. (It's all a build up of clothes from shortly after high school till now. None of my high school clothes fit me anymore. Stupid size zero, wasted on a seventeen year old (but that's another story). I can't seem to get rid of anything. As soon as I do give anything away, I will want to wear it the next day. Happens every time.)

Anyhow the reason I find this funny is because when I was growing up my mom used to refer to me as her bag lady. She still does to this day. When younger, I was not allowed to dress myself then go out in public. She dressed me until, I kid you not,grade seven. So in the interest of having a fun post here are some of the things I dressed myself in.
Well I think at this age, pants are optional anyway. Notice the bottle in the background? Mine. Notice that I'm drinking McDonalds instead. The obsession started earlier than first thought.Also, that is not makeup, but finger paint. I don't know who did it me, or Marie

Pink spandex pants? Check. Bright green slouch socks? check. Your mom using this picture as blackmail? priceless.

Unfortunately, you can't see the pink and white striped skirt with florescent unmatching pink spandex pants. This was on the way to the New Kids on the Block concert. Apparently THIS was acceptable. At least my hair was brushed.Yes, this was a skating outfit. However that doesn't excuse the fact that I wore the yellow bodysuit all the time. I also really enjoyed the green tights. I wore those with everything too.

Now, this is one of my favorites. Green tie-dyed shirt? you bet. Bad? sure. What makes it worse though, is the tucked in sweat pants, unbrushed hair and the fact that my poor cat very obviously would love to kill me. But he has no claws and is dressed in baby clothes.

So, now maybe you will understand a little better, if ever you compliment something I'm wearing, why I look very happy and also somewhat amused. I've come a long way, baby.

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha I still call them bunyhugs and everyone looks at me like I'm crazy. I sigh and correct myself "I mean hoodie." Silly young people don't know what i'm talking about. I think also maybe it was a Saskatchewan thing. Heehee ponytail. Yeah well, I wear them all the freaking time. To work even. But I don't have a real job. I will one day have a permanent bump in my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:47 PM

    "Bunnyhugs"?? Ok! I think that mustve been a Sask-a-bush thing cuz I never knew them as that (always knew them as a jogging pullover thingy) and I am older than you is, Cindy-loo-who!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have to try the two year rule! If you haven't worn something in two years, get rid of it...

    As for what poster Sarah said, I get into yoga pants, sleep in them, and then go work out in them the next morning! It saves me a whole two-minutes each day!

    ReplyDelete